Teeth whitening treatments in clinics do not help your teeth stay white for a long time, they are usually temporary solutions for white teeth. Exposure to foods like coke, alcohol like, wine can lead to the tainting of the teeth. One month after getting an artificial treatment, the consumption of these foods and beverages can make your teeth lose their whiteness. Constant touch-up is needed if you opt for these whitening treatments.
Some tips for maintaining the colour of your teeth after such treatments are-
- Try and avoid the consumption of foods that cause maximum damage to the whiteness of your teeth. Foods and beverages such as coffee, tea, wine, coke cause maximum damage to your teeth. When you are consuming this type of food, use a straw so that the conat with your teeth is minimized and hence the damage is minimized.
- Always remember to brush your teeth or at least rinse your teeth with mouthwash soon after meals or after consuming food and beverages which cause staining on your teeth. Rinsing your mouth with a mouthwash is an easier option if you are consuming food in a public area or if you are in a dinner party.
- Remember to get touch-up treatments from time to time to maintain the color of your teeth. If you are maintaining your teeth in a top-notch condition, a touch up will be required for every six to nine months and if you are not maintaining in a good condition, touch up will be required every 2-3 months.
- Always remember to follow good and disciplined oral hygiene habits. Brush your teeth at least twice every day and floss at least every day, preferably before sleeping to remove plaque and food particles stuck in between your teeth. Be regular to dental health check ups and get any treatment required immediately. Use an anti-septic mouthwash and use whitening tooth pastes often.
- There are a number of at-home products that can help you lighten the stain of your teeth. You can find whitening strips, whitening kits, toothpastes, rinses and mouthwashes. Consult your dentist for the best product in the market and use them. These products can delay the time between your touch ups, hence saving you a ton of money.
- Home teeth whitening kits usually contain bleach and carbamide peroxide that are used to remove deep rooted stains. When using these make sure to not use them very often as they can damage your enamel giving you permanent tooth problems instead of just white teeth.
- Age-old home remedies are still preferred by some people as they are known to be safer and easier to use. Products found at home such as baking soda, celery, apple, pears, and carrots can help in the whitening of your teeth.